WELCOME TO SWAT EDUCATION ACADMY LIBRARY
SEA School & College Library Swat
“From Readers to Leaders “
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
· The Library shall remain open according to timings notified from time to time.
· Library Timing
i) Monday to Thursday & Saturday = 8:00 am to 01:25 pm
o ii) Friday = 08:00 – 11:00
iii) Circulation (issue & return) Timing 8:30 am to 01:25 pm
· Silence should be observed in the library.
· Mobiles should be kept off.
· Leave your personal belongings in the library entrance, on your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage
· Seats in the library cannot be reserved.
· Eating is not permitted within library premises. Do not write, underline or mark any book(s). Library book(s) are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
o Staff: Two books can be issued by faculty members for a month.
Students: One book can be issued by Students for fourteen days
· Any meeting both for students and staff is not allowed in library.
· Any student/library member caught mutilating or stealing library materials will be referred to the Disciplinary Committee and membership will be suspended till decision. If a student/library member continues this act, his/her membership will be permanently canceled.
· Library staff can ask anyone causing disturbance.
· Book(s) will be reissued if not required by any other member on the next day but not reissued on the same day. Book(s) will have to be presented at the time of reissue.
· Book(s) returned after due date, a fine of Rs.05/- per day will be charged.
· Loan may be renewed for 14 days if another user has not reserved the desired book(s). Overdue book(s) will not be renewed
· Reference material, CD-ROMs, (original) periodicals, and newspapers will not be issued. They can only be consulted within the library premises. Students can borrow the reference materials for 10 – 20 minutes for photocopying purposes.
· Student/Library member will submit any book(s) or other material, whenever requested by the library staff.
· In case of loss or damage, double cost of the book shall be charged from the concern student.
· In case a book is urgently required, the librarian may recall it at a short notice any time and such a book shall be returned immediately by borrowers.
· All library fines are only paid with the accounts office. Library membership will be stopped if the fine is not paid.
· The Library shall maintain newspapers and periodical of the preceding calendar year and the old ones may be disposed off by the library staff in a suitable manner with the approval of the authority.
· Book(s) will not be issued to any student on behalf of teachers.
· Clearance from library is must both for students and staff members, who intend to leave the campus.
· Library will be closed for 15 days at the end of every year for annual stocktaking.
· Annual stock taking report will be submitted to competent authority for right off and dispose of the book(s) and other material.
· High authority is empowered to issue further instructions or permit relaxation in these rules.
V.Principal Library Head.